Learn the Importance of Spring Heater and AC Service with Miller’s Heating & Air
Spring is a great time to have your HVAC system serviced. The period when it’s warm enough to no longer need the heater and not yet hot enough to require air conditioning is the perfect time to have work done on your HVAC system.
Spring heater and AC service is important because routine maintenance improves indoor air quality, lowers energy bills, prevents catastrophic breakdowns, and prolongs the life of the heating and air conditioning units. For Vancouver, WA spring HVAC service you can rely on, look for a trusted local company like Miller’s Heating & Air.
Suggested Heater Service for Spring
As winter winds down and spring begins to blossom across the Pacific Northwest, homeowners should consider getting one last tune-up for their furnace or heater. Having the heater maintained in the spring means it will be ready to go again come fall.
Here are some important maintenance steps for spring service on heaters:
- Replace the Filter: Replacing the filter in the heating system should be done every one month to once a year depending on the filter type. The filter is your HVAC system’s first line of defense against dust, debris, pollen, dander, and even smoke particles. It’s a good idea to replace the filter one last time before shutting off the heater for the summer, so that you don’t forget in the fall before turning the heater back on. A new, unclogged filter will improve indoor air quality and the blower fan won’t have to work so hard to force air through.
- Clean the Ductwork: Spring is a great time to have the ductwork cleaned, especially if you use central air conditioning. Central air shares the ductwork with the furnace, and after the heater runs all winter, those ducts are likely coated with dust and dirt. When switching over to AC for the summer, the dramatic change in temperature can loosen duct fittings, and create an ideal environment for the growth of mold and mildew. Having the ducts inspected and cleaned in the spring every 7 years can mitigate these risks.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: Your furnace worked hard all winter to heat your home, so it may be a good idea to have the furnace opened up and cleaned. While doing that, a technician can inspect electrical connections, check the tension on belts and the alignment of fan blades, and lubricate moving parts. Annual cleaning and lubrication will keep parts working together perfectly, prevent breakdowns, and extend the life of the furnace.
Suggested AC Service for Spring
The warmer months in the Pacific Northwest can include heat waves, and you will want your air conditioner to be in peak performance. Prepare for the summer heat by having your air conditioner serviced this spring.
These are some of the important steps for spring AC service:
- Protect the unit from the elements: Rain is very common during spring and summer in the Pacific Northwest. Keep an eye on water levels in case of flooding – more than 15 inches of water can severely damage the air conditioner.
- Clean the condensate drain: As an air conditioner cools the air, it creates condensation which must be drained away. These drain tubes are quite narrow, and can be prone to clogs or blockages. Inspect and clean the condensate drain before turning on the AC for the first time to avoid damaging your unit.
- Replace the air filter: Central AC units use the same air filters as the furnace, which must be replaced routinely. Other units, such as ductless, window-mount, and standalone AC, have filters that can be removed and cleaned. Cleaning the AC filter in the spring and routinely during use will improve air quality and the performance of the unit. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to properly clean the filter.
Let Miller’s Heating & Air Help With Spring Heater and AC Service
For help with Vancouver, WA spring HVAC service, call Miller’s Heating & Air. In business for over 70 years, they have experience with furnaces, heaters, boilers, and most air conditioning systems. They also offer ductwork cleaning and sealing, as well as routine tune-ups. Call Miller’s Heating & Air for HVAC solutions you can trust from a friendly, locally owned and operated company.