How Our 3-Step Home Care Plan Improves Comfort and Health
Have you noticed an unexplained spike in your fuel and electric bills? Or perhaps your family members are suffering from allergies and other respiratory symptoms? Are there “hot spots” throughout your home? Then perhaps it’s time to consider calling Miller’s Heating & Air to take advantage of the Home Care Plan.
The Home Care Plan is a three-pronged strategy to protect your family’s health, improve indoor air quality, and ensure a long life for your HVAC system. This strategy includes cleaning the ductwork, sealing the ducts, and installing an air purifier.
These three simple steps of Clean, Seal, and Protect will quickly and dramatically improve your family’s comfort and health. But this Home Care Plan is offered only from Miller’s Heating & Air, where your family’s health and safety is our top concern.
Over time, dust, dirt, and debris will build up in your ductwork. This is a natural part of everyday use. However, that dirt and debris can act as an incubator for mold, mildew, bacteria, and other contaminants. Not only that, but the dust and dirt inside your ductwork, and which often includes pollen and other allergens, will circulate throughout the home with every heating or cooling cycle. This will drastically decrease your indoor air quality (IAC), and contribute to allergies, asthma, and respiratory illnesses.
The ductwork in your home should be cleaned every 7 years, or more often if household members struggle with respiratory conditions. A professional HVAC company can complete the job in just a few hours, with little inconvenience to homeowners. Cleaning the ducts is the first step to a healthier home. Routine cleaning also extends the lifespan of the ducts by preventing rust, and improves the longevity of the furnace and air conditioner.
Aeroseal is an aerosolized sealant that can be sprayed into clean ducts to fill in gaps, cover cracks, and seal joints. Duct sealing is important to prevent the loss of treated air, and to keep harmful pollutants out of the home. Aeroseal is acclaimed as the new industry standard of excellence in duct sealing.
The benefits of sealing your ducts with Aeroseal include: reduced dust and allergens, eliminated hot spots and cold spots, increased longevity of HVAC equipment, and improved energy efficiency, with up to 30% savings.
The Aeroseal Process
- Prepare the system. All registers are blocked off with foam. A small hole is cut into the supply or return. The air conditioner, fan, and furnace are temporarily blocked to prevent damage. An Aeroseal machine is connected to the hole near the supply using lay-flat tubing.
- Pretest the system. The tubing is inflated and the Air Duct Diagnostic pretest will detect the exact amount of leakage. The typical duct leakage detected in a home is between 30-40%.
- Seal the ductwork. Nontoxic, UL tested and approved aerosol sealant is injected into the duct system. As the sealant exits through leaks, it begins to collect and seal. Aeroseal can seal openings up to 5/8ths of an inch.
- Review results. The entire Aeroseal process is computer monitored, and once the process is complete, you will receive a summary of your results.
Miller’s Heating & Air is an authorized dealer of Aeroseal duct sealant. Our technicians are fully trained and experienced in its application, with guaranteed results.
The last step to a cleaner, more comfortable home is to install an air purifier. Miller’s Heating & Air is proud to offer “The Protector” air purifier, which is effective at:
- Killing 97% of viruses on surfaces
- Killing 99% of Swine Flu
- Reducing airborne bacteria by 97%
- Reducing airborne mold spores by 97%
- 99% reduction of E Coli, Listeria, Strep, Tuberculosis, and Bird Flu
Whether you realize it or not, there is moisture in the air of your home known as humidity. When the H2O molecules in the air travel through your ductwork they pass by The Protector and come in contact with its Germicidal UV Light. This light combined with a titanium catalyst causes two things to occur:
- Ionization: This process charges the dust, dander, and contaminants in the air like magnets, both positively and negatively, which causes them to clump together. As a result, the contaminants become larger and easier to trap in the filter. Increased filtration helps protect your furnace, adds years of life to your HVAC system, and saves you money and inconvenience.
- Photocatalysis: This process turns the H2O molecules into hydrogen peroxide and other cleaning agents that are proven to disinfect and sterilize germs, bacteria, and viruses in your home. This device has been proven to even sterilize bacteria on surfaces like door handles and toilets. As a result, you can experience greater health, breathe easier, and live cleaner.
- Bonus Effect: The Protector has a Germicidal UV Light that produces trace amounts of ozone. As a result, deodorization occurs. This process rids the air of unwanted smells like cooking odors, pet odors, and mold.
To maximize energy efficiency and create a healthy, comfortable environment for your household, remember: Clean, Seal, and Protect. This special 3-step Home Care Plan is available exclusively from Miller’s Heating & Air.
Trust Miller’s Heating & Air For All Your HVAC Needs
Miller’s Heating & Air has been meeting the HVAC needs of Vancouver, WA since 1947. Our technicians are experienced in duct cleaning, Aeroseal application, air purifier installation, furnace tune ups, air conditioner maintenance and repairs, and much more. Everyone on our team is knowledgeable, friendly, and happy to help. So, for all your HVAC needs, call on Miller’s Heating & Air. Relax, we’ve got this!