Heat Pumps are Ideal for the Northwest – Vancouver, WA and Portland
Heat pumps are designed to supply both heating and cooling to the home. They are apart of what is called a split system. A split system is a type of HVAC system that has both an indoor unit and an outdoor unit.
The great thing about heat pumps is it can be used to both heat and cool. They can cool your home during the summer months and heat your home during the winter months. Thus, when you buy a high efficiency unit you get more bang for your buck.
These units perform best in outside temperatures of 40-70 degrees which is why they are perfect for the mild weather we often have in Vancouver, WA and Portland.
Guidelines for Purchasing a New Heat Pump
Heat pump efficiency is what affects cost the most. Most of the time, units with a higher efficiency will also have a higher price. Higher efficiency means lower energy bills which in turn means more savings.
- Efficiency is a big factor that separates low-end heat pumps from high-end heat pumps. Efficiency measurements are broken into two categories, heating and cooling. SEER ratings measure cooling efficiency and HSPF ratings measure heating efficiency.
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. Standard SEER ratings range anywhere from 13 to 27. 13 SEER is the standard model heat pump and the minimum Federal requirement.
- HSPF stands for Heating Seasonal Performance Factor. Standard HSPF ratings range anywhere from 8.0 to 11.0. 8.0 HSPF is the standard model heat pump and the minimum Federal requirement.
Here in Vancouver, WA and Portland the HSPF rating on a heat pump is more important than the SEER rating. There are only a few months of out of the year that Northwest residents require air conditioning. Therefore, we do not use as much energy on cooling our homes compared to heating.
As a result, heat pumps with high cooling efficiencies would have little effect on annual energy bill savings. In other words, the amount of money you would save on your energy bill from cooling efficiencies would not cover the upfront cost you would pay in order to gain those cooling efficiencies when you initially purchased the heat pump.
On the other hand, HSPF is extremely important. In a heat pump system, the outdoor unit will supply most of the heating with the furnace acting as a backup. Thus, high heating efficiency will greatly help reduce energy bills during the heating months. More on Heat pump Vancouver Wa and Portland OR.
Why choose Millers?
If you are thinking of purchasing a new heat pump, you have come to the right place. Miller’s Heating & Air has been in business since 1947 and we are here to stay. We offer a wide range of high quality brands and heat pump models. We provide aftermarket service on all HVAC brands and have a variety of amazing guarantees on all of our installations. Check out our guarantees page or read below.
- Property Protection & Client Respect Guarantee
- Utility Savings Guarantee
- Total Comfort Guarantee
- Replacement “No Lemon” Guarantee
- Exclusive Two Year Satisfaction Guarantee
In addition, we have eight professional technicians who can perform heat pump service including Heat Pump Repair Vancouver WA . Even in the coldest or warmest days, we offer Heat Pump Repair Vancouver WA 24/7 emergency service.
Brands We Sell
Call us today at (360) 524-2880 or fill out a form online and request a free estimate on a new Heat pump Vancouver Wa installation. We service Vancouver WA, Portland OR, and the surrounding areas. Take a look at our service map and zip code list to see if we service your area.